School of Geology Laboratories
Hasenstab Architects worked with the Geology Department, Staff and Oberlin College Administration to renovate all of the department’s laboratories, which were located on three different floors. Challenges included the development of new laboratories in the existing Carnegie Building which was constructed in 1918 and to use sustainable design principals throughout the project to reduce energy consumption and the laboratories carbon foot print.
The project included six research laboratories, a rock preparation lab, a scanning electron microscope lab, a geochemistry lab, and administrative space for staff. The NIH (National Institute of Health) funded this project with a grant to Oberlin College. Hasenstab Architects worked with Oberlin College to deliver this project within the NIH guidelines.