Ambulatory Surgery Expansion
Hasenstab Architects provided architectural design and structural engineering for a 16,000 square foot ambulatory surgery expansion to an existing Specialty Center in Wooster, Ohio.
This addition provides ambulatory surgery services by adding four operating rooms – three buildouts and one as current shelled space – as well as 11 universal prep/hold/recovery rooms.
The facility consolidates patient intake for new surgical services and outpatient endoscopy procedures which are currently being performed in the existing building.
The Ambulatory Surgery Expansion project is LEED® Silver Certified and includes:
- Dedicated parking for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles
- Incorporation of motion-activated fixtures reducing potable water by 20%
- Diverting 50% of construction debris from landfill
- Use of local and recycled building materials
- Low-VOC adhesives, sealants, paints, carpet and composite woods
- Individual lighting control systems for 90% of the occupants
Photo Credit: ©2012 Scott Pease Photography